It’s a regular chore for me to drive on a piece of land which the authorities call as the Thane-Bhiwandi bypass “Road”. But it was on Friday, 12th September 2008 did I get the shock of my life.

As I made my way between the innumerable potholes, it suddenly occurred to me that I saw the Spirit of Ecstasy. And as my Pothole-insane mind started to gain consciousness, I understood that it was indeed a Rolls Royce Phantom which had passed by the opposite lane. But one sec, something wrong with the Rolls…..but what is it….?

To investigate this, I chased the car, by driving in the opposite direction on the same lane I was driving before. And finally I was successful to reach there since our Rolls was stuck in the traffic.

And what I saw was the brutal act of cruelty. It almost made tears come to my eyes. The Rolls Royce Phantom was painted in Red and White….I said WTF. And it took me no time to realize that this kind of merciless act to the iconic car was done by The Mobile Store. For their promotional stunt they have painted this car in red and white simply showing to what extent they can be obscene and cruel to innocent cars.

I had seen many cars painted in Red and white…I have seen Swift, Indica, 800 and even BMW M3 painted in red and white but a Rolls Royce Phantom…..that’s pathetic…! To me it’s similar to asking your grandpa to dress in a Bermuda and a Hawaiian shirt and move out for an occasion……Imagine how he would look…!

At that point I didn’t had a camera to take a snap of that cruel act. But here are some photos I found on the net.

 
Source: Flickr.com  
 Source: Flickr.com

0 comments: